Thursday, August 04, 2005

Houston, we have a problem. Over.

Hm... I haven't written in here in a long time. I just copy and paste stuff. Oh wells, might as well vent about a friend, not like she reads it either.

So her alias will be Joe...Joe is such a cool name.

Joe has had a hard time when she was younger. She was always picked on by her cousins so now she, as she claims, has an exterior shell. That exterior shell is what she puts up everytime she meets a person. She's always mean, angry at the person if she doesnt like him/her. Her mom always asks her why she can't be sweet, nice, polite, etc. And she says it's because she's "evil."

First thought would be that, we live in the 21st century. No one is ever deemed "evil" (unless for religious purposes and the fact that Joe's atheist doesn't make things any better) so get out of the fantasy phase and just say "I don't like being fake" or whatever is the TRUE reason as to why Joe doens't like being those certain qualities.

Another thing that Joe does, is she calls me sometimes and complains about her parents and what not. Things that they yell at her or things they tell her to do etc. Regular parental complaining. For example, she complains that her mom complains (gosh...so much complaining...aren't we all weasels nowadays) about her grades. She says her mom never gets off her back about it. And I ask her, "Then why don't you study and just make things easier for you." She says "Too lazy." Okay...

Another example. She says that her mom complains about her body physique. She says that she's not fat but rather "chubby". To me, it still constitutes as : you're not healthy. I ask her why doesn't she do exercises. She says she's too lazy (once again). I told her, when you grow old and you work off all that fat, your skin is gonna sag. She gave me this horrendous face and said "GROSS". Evidently, that wasn't an incentive for her to exercise. Once I told her to come jogging with me. For all the people who remember what a standardized track looks like, the straight way is about 100 meters. If you cut that in half, that would be the maximum distance Joe can run. At first she started off with a fast jog and I was surprised, so I continued on wondering how long I would last. But then she stops and she's like "okay...that's enough for me."

...

OKAY...

I guess the lastly issue I have on mind, is her relationship between her brothers. She has two of them, Fred and Tom (pseudonyms, mind you). So one day, Fred, the older than Tom but younger than Joe, decides to watch tv. Joe says "No, you can't watch until I watch it. It's my show." But Fred decides to watch it anyway. Joe gets angry and takes the remote from Fred. Fred gets angry, so he takes the bowl that holds the batch of cake mix and turns it upside down. Joe, gettings pisst, takes the bowl away from Fred, hits Fred, then hits Fred w/ the bowl (it's plastic). I watched the majority of the batch fly out of the bowl and onto the kitchen counter, flowers, etc. Joe puts down the bowl and starts smacking Fred. Fred starts smacking Joe back. So I stood between them and told (more like yelled because they're so deaf when angry) them to stop. I told them to chill and start helping each other clean up the kitchen. But Joe, decides to say "You know what, just go to your room." As we clean up the kitchen, Fred starts playing the keyboard because that's how he vents out stress. Joe says, "pfft, we're stuck here cleaning up for his mess while he goes and vents out his anger on his keyboard."

Things wrong with this picture...
1. Joe told him to go to his room when I told him to clean. Who's fault was that?
2. The batch was already moist/creamy. When Fred turned it upside down, the amount of batch that came out wasn't as much as when Joe took the batch and hit Fred with it. Joe watched her work dissipate in fury.
3. Lastly, who f-ing cares if you watch the show first. You are not QUEEN of Fred and Tom.

I asked her #3, and she said, "that's just how they way it's always been." So I asked, "What, so you're a fascist dictator?" She said "yah... infact, that's why Hilter was so successful."

Yah that's why he was hated among not only by THE WORLD but also by HIS OWN country. Not only that is he deemed as the worst person who exist. Not only that, that's why there are protests and rebel movements that CRUSH dictatorships which is why dictatorships NEVER work.

Then she said, "I don't need to hear this right now, I have enough to deal with."

Hm...I don't know if it's just me but doesn't that irritate, exasperate, aggravate, irk you?

She creates her own problems, refuses to deal with them because it takes TOO much EFFORT to change her ways. Lazy people these days are just left to eat their own crap.

Why should I "waste" MY own efforts to help Joe? I have enough crap to DEAL with (something rather foreign to Joe)..
But at the same time I'm Joe's friend...and I care about her. She always talks about how she's going to leave her house and never talk to them ever again. Drop all connections and start fresh, anew. I think that's a fine idea. Nothing wrong with it. But the fact that Joe's barely meeting highschool requirements and is just so gosh damn lazy to do them, I honestly don't think she's going to graduate anytime her senior year. I really hope she does but I don't think I've ever met anyone who's so unproductive, possibly counter productive. At the same time, I've never met a person who barely has anything in common with me and still be my friend. Deep down in my heart, I will always call her my friend. A good friend despite of our differences.

What am I to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home